In our third week of amazing signature cocktails from Fabian at PROPER Bartenders we have a perfect mix of savory, sweet and citrus in The Friendly Ghost Whiskey Sour. This spooky cocktail is the perfect fall cocktail with harvest flavors and a mixture of textures to delight the pallet.
Before we get to the recipe this is another reminder that Fabian and 11 of the best bartenders from Maryland, DC and Virginia will be mixing up some of these amazing cocktails right here at the distillery on December 8th at our PROPER Cocktail Holiday Ball. If you haven't snagged tickets yet, we have already sold out of the early access tickets and are running through the other tickets fast. We also have some raffle tickets still available to win tickets to the ball, VIP packages, at home bartending services and exclusive spirits from McClintock Distilling. Check it all out and help us raise money for two causes that are very important to us; The American Cancer Society and Toys for Tots.
Now lets get to this amazing drink:
- 2 oz Maryland-Heritage White Whiskey
- .75 oz Orange Liqeuer
- .5 oz Elderflower Liqueur
- 1 oz Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
- .75 oz Sugar in the Raw Syrup
- Angostura Bitters
- Garnishes: Sugar in the Raw, Lime Slice, Dark Bourbon Cherry
- Optional- For extra foaminess add the whites from one egg to the shaker with a single cube of ice and shake aggressively. Once the desired texture is achieved proceed to add the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix Whiskey, Orange Liqeuer, Elderflower Liqueur, Lime Juice and Simple Syrup with ice in shaker.
- Shake aggressively for desired dilution.
- Add a few drops of bitters and swirl with spear.
- Rim Coupe Glass with Sugar in the Raw
- Strain into Coupe Glass
- Spear Lime and Cherry so it looks like the cherry is sitting on top of the lime